– About Attorney Timothy Hintze –
Timothy Hintze is a well-respected and aggressive trial lawyer having represented clients in courts throughout the state of Arizona. He has litigated criminal matters ranging from complex felony cases to misdemeanors offenses. Before founding Colburn Hintze Maletta, PLLC, Tim gained extensive experience by representing hundreds of clients at some of the largest defense firms in the state. Tim’s expertise includes domestic and family law disputes where tensions and stakes are high. His powerful courtroom presence and calm demeanor make him an extremely effective trial attorney.
Prior to beginning his practice, Tim graduated from law school with the highest distinction of summa cum laude. He was an executive board member for his school’s law review journal and competed in national legal writing and oral argument competitions. During law school, he received multiple CALI awards, which are awarded for the highest grade in a class, for subjects including criminal law, evidence, criminal procedure, civil procedure, contracts, and property law. Tim graduated in the top 3% of his law school class.
Tim was quick to build a name for himself in the legal community. His first case set for trial, a felony sexual assault case, resulted in a complete dismissal on the eve of trial. His first case that went to jury trial resulted in a not guilty verdict for a client that was facing a mandatory prison sentence if convicted. Since then, Tim has fought to obtain numerous complete acquittals, not guilty verdicts, and outright dismissals for his clients.
Tim was nominated by his peers, vetted, and awarded the honor of being selected for the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in 2021 for his work in the areas of Criminal Defense, White Collar Criminal Defense, and DUI/DWI Defense. He was also awarded the distinction of being named a Super Lawyers Rising Star and selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as a Top 40 Under 40 Attorney.
Tim is an aggressive advocate for his clients, fighting to protect their rights and obtaining the best possible outcome for every case. He prides himself on exhausting all avenues and overturning every stone to ensure that his clients receive the highest level of representation. His comprehensive, methodical approach to each case he takes on has resulted in countless wins for his clients.
When he’s not in the courtroom, Tim prefers being outdoors. He enjoys working on cars and his friends are known to show up in his driveway for help with oil changes and other car maintenance. He is one of eleven children and gets the most enjoyment out of spending time with his wife, son, and large family.
- Arizona, 2015
- Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, Arizona
- Juris Doctor – 2014
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Associations: Law Review Executive Board Member, Moot Court Team Member
- Awards: CALI Excellence for the Future Award (highest grade in class)
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Torts I
- Civil Procedure I
- Civil Procedure II
- Contracts I
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Bachelor of Arts – 2011
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2021
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 in Criminal Defense, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Clients’ Choice Award, AVVO, 2019, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona State Bar, 2015 to Present
- DUI Defense Lawyer Association (DUIDLA)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- National College for Criminal Defense (NCDD)
- National Organization for the Reformation of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice (AACJ)